WILFORD REED RAY, RA PROJECT MANAGER
Tuskegee Institute, Tuskegee, Alabama
Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Science, 1971
Bachelor of Architecture, 1973
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Advanced Study, 1972
Registered Architect, State of Georgia. No. 008211
Licensed Real Estate Professional, State of Georgia
Wilford Ray is a results oriented, creative Architect/Construction Manager with extensive expertise in Facilities Planning, Design, Pre-construction Planning and Construction. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and more specifically proficient in fact finding and needs assessment. A skillful problem solver and mediator with great attention to details and imaginative solutions. Broad experience including residential, correctional, retail, transportation, municipal and military projects.
A partial listing of projects in which he has programmed, planned, or designed includes:
Atlanta Public Schools
Construction Manager on the following projects:
- E. Rivers Elementary School
- C.W. Hill Elementary School
- Blalock Elementary School
- Harper-Archer Middle School
- Arkwright/Ragsdale Elementary School
- Fred erick Douglass High School
Sale Hall Annex - Morehouse College
Renovation of an old ROTC Facility into the New Offices for the Sociology Department; $3,000,000
Archer Hall Gymnasium Renovation - Morehouse College\
Now serves as the main Student Center on the Morehouse College Campus; $3,000,000
Dining Hall Addition – Morehouse College
New addition to the existing Dining facility, also serves as new Center of the campus; $1,300,000
The Executive Center – Morehouse College
New home of the President of Morehouse College, center will also house several meeting rooms and offices; $1,400,000
Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games, Director of Technical Services
Managed an ACOG staff extension group of 13, including five Engineers and two Architects.
- Assisted in selecting the Construction Manager
- Facilitated inter-governmental activities-public/private partnerships.
- Provided technical support to Project Management and Project Controls.
- Facilitated code reviews and permitting with local governments.
- Monitored quality of Design and Construction.